Friday, December 11, 2009

Cold & Windy Friday...I love it!!!

It is the end of the week and I am fortunate to have the opportunity to work from home today. I am taking a 10 minute break from building some web pages and writing copy to catch up on my running from the past few days...and consequent lack of biking or swimming.

I must first talk about the change in the weather. The past few days have been crazy. Torrential downpours, snow, freezing temps....all on different days. Today was the first day when the sun is out in full force, but the temps haven't gotten out of the 20s. I am not complaining, I love the cold weather. I feel so much better, so much more comfortable than when it is 90F.

With that said, here is what I have been up to the past few days:

Tuesday: 5.21 mile run, 43:54 (8:25/mile), 152 BPM - This was an easy day...Bill was hurting from a weekend football game. Just as well, I didn't mind going slow, although it felt weird going at such a pace. A good day to talk and laugh with Chris and Bill.

Wednesday: 4.78 mile run, 37:48 (7:54/mile), 156 BPM - The day after the rain and we ran along the creek. It was a roaring rapid, so awesome to look at. The three of us went at a bit better pace today and had a good time.

Thursday: Rest day

Friday: 5.38 mile run, 43:06 (8:01/mile) - I started out strong and feeling good. Then I got to the first hill, then the wind hit me and then I was just struggling to hang on. My time is a bit skewed only because there was a pretty significant hill that encompassed the third mile and I could run no faster than 8:40. Every other mile was under 8:00. I was happy to get home and take a hot shower.

That is it for now....I have to get back to work. I am hoping to get on my bike maybe tonight or tomorrow morning...ah, there she is below, beckoning me to ride her. I still need to find a name for her. All suggestions are being considered.

No comments: