- Thursday, July 11th - Driving home from work I am stopped and a woman backs into my brand new car. I literally had the car for no more than two weeks. It needed over $7,000 worth of work in order to get it back in driving shape.
- Thursday, July 18th - I am asked to play goalie for a friends soccer game, which I excitedly/hesitantly accept. About 60 minutes in I tip a ball over the crossbar and land on the outside of my right ankle bend it sideways. A doctors visit on the following Monday reveals that it is a bad sprain, but thankfully not broken. During that same doctors' visit I am told that I have pretty significant arthritis in my ankle joint and that I should start limiting my jumping and running activities. I explain that I am an endurance athlete, to which he thinks I should focus more on the swimming and biking and much less on the running. UGH!!! (pic below is two days after, the swelling was pretty bad)
- Thursday, July 25th - I have been interviewing for a new job and everything seems to be going well and I very excited about the opportunity. I received a voicemail last Thursday (7/18) telling me that everyone has been impressed with me thus far and they want me to come in and meet with the Senior Management for the last round of interviews. I followed up with a phone call and an email, but haven't heard back from the internal recruiter since the voicemail he left. I am not optimistic about my chances now (I went through something similar five months ago and it didn't end well for me).
Oh, I forgot to mention that I signed up for a race tomorrow (signed up two days before my ankle injury) that I am not going to be able to do (because of the injury) and I don't think I am going to get any refund or credit for future races. Friggin' great, $105 down the drain!!!!
Alright enough "woe is me" for now. On a positive note two blog buddies are doing Ironman's this weekend:
- Yas at NJ Training is doing IM Lake Placid
- Big Daddy Diesel is doing IM Switzerland (although he has been radio silent for a while now)