So, what am I going to do about it? Here is my plan, my philosophy, my proposed journey:
- Tomorrow morning, November 21st - get up and go for a run. After that, I am going to head over to the local triathlon shop, "3 Sports" (it opens at 10AM) to pick up a cheap pair of goggles and swim shorts so that I can go swimming at the YMCA adjacent to the hotel. I am fortunate that I can use the facilities free of charge.
- Tuesday morning, November 22nd - get up early and hit the pool, and follow that up with a run. My first appointment is at 9:30AM, so I should have plenty of time to get this all in.
- Wednesday, November 23rd (an onward) - set an off-season training program, concentrate on losing some of the excess 20 lbs I have packed on over the past year, get back into P90X, and set a race calendar for 2012.
So, the next question is, what is going to be my "A" race for 2012? I already know that I want to do Ironman Arizona in 2013, but what is going to be my races for 2012? Here are some ideas:
- Ironman 70.3 - Pocono Mountains
- Bassman Triathlon (Half Ironman)
That is it for now, it is time to hit the hay, I have a big day ahead of me. It all starts tomorrow!!!! Cheers!