Wednesday, November 2, 2011

7 Random Facts

I was selected by Theia to think of 7 random facts about me (see list below) and try to have other blogger folks do the same. Here goes:

1. My first real job (with salary and benefits) was with the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Newark, NJ. It was an entry level job but I still had Top Secret Clearance (not as cool as it sounds).

2. I was a two-time All-American lacrosse player at Rutgers University....that was a long time ago though.

3. I can count on one hand the number of alcoholic drinks I have ever had in my life, thus I have never been drunk. Along those line, I have never gotten high or intoxicated in anyway. This is the result of my father instilling the fear of God in me if I were to have come home drunk in high school. Then in college I didn't want to flunk out of school because of drinking.

4. I not afraid of too many things, but the one thing that I will forever be afraid of is SNAKES!!! I hate all snakes, even the little garter snakes that I see occassionally in my back yard.

5. I love to make chocolate chip cookies, and consequently eat them. I am also fond of trying to bake random things here and there. I even attempted to recreate Emeril's Banana Cream Pie (easily the best pie I have ever eaten).

6. I first got the idea for my oldest daughter’s first name from a song by Black 47 - "Funky Céilí". I mentioned it to my wife and she liked it, but not the spelling, so we changed it up completely.

7. I ran my first marathon (New York City Marathon) when I was 29, did my first Ironman (Ironman Arizona) at 39 and have no clue what I am going to do at 49.

There you have it, some random things about me. Hopefully the folks below will take part in this exercise so that I and other can learn a bit about you (unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of people that read this blog):

TrevorD - http://inspired2tri.blogspot.com/
Skip - http://www.coachslade.com/
Yasi - http://yasimotraining.blogspot.com/
Miguel - http://roadtoironmandaddy.blogspot.com/
Thor - http://ironboy.wordpress.com/

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have to say, that is so cool that you worked for the FBI!!! Who cares of it wasn't as glamourous as it sounds?! YOU WORKED FOR THE FBI!!! :) :)

Funny, about the snake, thing..my guy also HATES snakes. They don't bug me...they surprise me, but my partner hates them as much as you do it sounds like!

TrevorD said...

Thanks for sharing these - very interesting nuggets!

I'll be posting my random facts in the next day or so.

BTW, your baby daughter is adorable. Congratulations.

Theia said...

Hey! You and I are apparently the only people on earth who have never gotten high. Never once, not even a little inhale. Of course, if you count secondhand smoke from the millions of concerts I've been to, that's a different story!

And Emeril's banana cream pie is amazing. I don't even like banana cream pie, but when I went to Emeril's in New Orleans the server talked me into it. Holy yumminess!

Sladed said...

Some interesting stuff! Regarding #3. I cannot say the same thing, though I haven't had a drink in about 13 years due to health related issues. Maybe this is trite but for me finishing an Ironman is intoxicating. Some of the training also gives me a high. What can I say?!
Sorry I've not been here to comment lately!

BreeWee said...

Cool to "get to know you" a little more from this post... and SO EXCITING that your baby is Bree, love it!! Hope her life is as beautiful as can be, congrats :)