Monday, April 23, 2012

April Update

I have been a horrible blog-guy for the better part of the past year.  I just don't have the time...as I write this now, I still don't have the time.  Here is what has been going on for the past month or so:
  • Family - Everything is going well.  My wife just went back to work after six months off to be with our baby.  My two oldest daughters are doing really well with soccer and dance.  My oldest plays travel soccer and is gearing up for tryouts this week.  I am coaching my middle daughter's soccer team and we are having a great time.  My littlest one just turned six months old this past Friday and is a big girl, loves to eat and sleep.  She has been the perfect baby; my wife and I thank God everyday for her.
  • Job - Things are ~OK~ at best.  I am not all that thrilled with work actually.  I have posted for a couple internal positions, hoping that one might turn out (one is in London and would be an absolute dream opportunity, but that is a long shot).
  • Training - Ugh, not going so well, but I have dropped some weight and I have started running more lately.  I have the Broad Street Run in two weeks (10 miler down Broad Street in Philly) and I have no fears that I won't be able to complete the distance, it is the speed at which I will complete the distance that has me worried.  Two years ago I ran it in 1:12:00, last year I was at 1:19:45, this year....I hope to get in under 1:25:00.  I really need to get my training volume up as well as my intensity.  I have been swimming at least three days a week for the past month or so which is a definite plus.  I just need to get on the bike more.
  • Miscellaneous - Overall life is good.  Of course, I wish I was happier at my job, I wish I had more time to train, I wish I had more money, blah, blah, blah.  Overall though, the important things are very good, my family is healthy and happy.
That's it for now.  Oh, I am going to be making some purchases soon:
  • Garmin 910XT - I think all of the kinks are worked out of it.
  • Race Wheels - Not sure what kind, but I have a budget that is respectable.
Cheers!!!

2 comments:

TrevorD said...

I think you nailed it. The important things are family and your health - those are your foundation...

As for those new toys . I have not been able to justify the 910XT (yet). Not doing enough swimming or cycling to warrant anything beyond my 305 :)

Be well!

Miguel Vieira said...

Jamie, my comments are:

-Family is key. Without them we are lost in this world.
-Job in the UK? Man, you will miss Arizona´s weather if you move to the UK. I'm sure it would be a great experience for you and family, but the weather is crap, sorry to say. Good luck either way :)
-Training when one has little or no time is tough :( Good on you for making the effort and losing weight. I wake up at 5:30 to get the training done early in the AM, otherwise Iwould not be able to fit it in :(
-Miscellaneous: Please give me a shout out if you find the formula to get more money! :) :)
-Gamrin 910XT- Great choice. I have it on my gadget wishlist (http://roadtoironmandaddy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/wish-list-gadgets-stuff.html)
-Race Wheels: Check out my link above for race wheel comparison article.

Good luck with everything man! :)