Friday, May 14, 2010

I haven't written much lately, the result of being invovled in all day meetings at work that have bled into late dinners and other things.  It has been a bit difficult to schedule my training but I have been doing a fairly good job none-the-less.  I guess I should go all the way back to Sunday and make a path to today.

Sunday (Mother's Day)
Windy - I still down in Lavallette with my girls at my parents house.  In order to maximize my day and time, I opted to head out at 7:30 for my hour run while my 'rents watched the girls.  The run was a bear, not because I was tired or the temps were outlandish.  No, it was the wind, 30 MPH steady wind.  I ran south from my parents via the Lavallette, Ortley Beach and Seaside Heights boardwalks until I hit 30 minutes (3.7 miles) and then turned around and headed home.  Even though it was a bit cold and the wind was howling, it was still a beautiful morning and running along the ocean is always enjoyable.  I finished up my 7.43 mile run in 1:00 (8:05/mile), a good effort.

I spend the next few hours hanging out with my girls, even heading up to the beach with them for an hour or so.  We had a blast.  We had dinner with my 'rents and my grandmother before heading up to Newark Airport to pick up my wife who was returning from Naples, FL.  We were all excited to see her and to get home to celebrate our Mother's Day with her.

Monday
Rest - I didn't really need rest, but I will take it when the training schedule says to take it.

Tuesday
HVAC - I was working from home on Tuesday because we were having our new HVAC system installed and I needed to be there.  I worked a lot in the early AM until they arrived and then headed off to do a straight 2,500M swim (54:00) down at Newtown Athletic.  Whew, it was a long boring swim; there were not intervals or drills mixed in to break up the monotony.  I did get it done though and then enjoyed an awesome shower (they have the best showers there).

After getting home I did some more work until the HVAC guys headed home for the day.  Then I threw on my running gear and went for a 45 minute run.  I felt great running and coupled with the fact that I wanted to make sure I made it home for my daughter, my pace was pretty solid.  I ended up running 6.3 miles in 47.38 (7:33/mile), really happy with it.

Wednesday
Meetings - I woke up early and got on the trainer for a 30 minute ride that was to be followed immediately by 15 minutes of running.  Well, the ride wasn't a problem, but when it came time to do the run, it just wasn't happening.  I tried getting on our treadmill but I just couldn't run on it.  Maybe I am too heavy or I just can run on our treadmilll, but the belt was slipping a bit and I just couldn't get going on it.  I ended up running about 5 mintues and them when and got ready for work.

I was in meetings for the rest of the day (8:30AM - 6:00PM) as my department is looking to do a reorg and are looking to the leaders to define it.  That meant sitting in a training room all day talking about our business and how to run it more efficiently.  Following the meetings it was off to dinner at 7:00PM....a long day/night.  I ate well, I ate smart and finally got home around 10:15PM.  Ugh, I had to get up at 5:15AM on Thursday.

Thursday
Return - I didn't have any issues getting up and actually made it to the pool by 6:00AM.  I had a really good swim, covering the 2,500M (300 WU, 8 x 50 Drills, 12 x 100s, 8 x 50 Drills, 200 CD) in around 48 minutes.  I was extremely consistent with my 100s (all under 2:00, most around 1:55...WAHOO!).

After the swim it was in to work and more meetings until 3:30PM.  I ate a lot of cookies during those meeting, my biggest problem with the meetings I would say.  No worries, I would have 45 minutes on the trainer riding at 100+ RPMs to burn them off when I got home.  And that is exactly what I did....when I got home I got the blessing from my wife to do my ride while they ate dinner (thank you honey!!!).  I averaged 100RPMs for the entire 45 minutes and was able to catch up on "Modern Family" (great show) and "How I Met Your Mother "(another good one).  Dinner after that was pizza and that is about it.

It has been a busy few days and I need to get a good nights sleep.  Hopefully tonight I can get to bee at a reasonable hour and get a solid eight hours.  The weekend is going to be a busy one.  Here is what is on tap for the next few days:
  • Friday - 1:00 (one hour) run (hopefully at lunch)
  • Saturday - One hour, 45 minute ride, then daughters soccer game at 10:00AM, then work on swing set (sanding, etc.)
  • Sunday - One hour run (I think, might be 1:15), soccer game at 1:00PM soccer game, 2:45PM dress rehearsal (dance), then yard work.
I am sure that there are going to be other things mixed in there as well, like putting down mulch, staining the roof of the swing set, etc.  My wife will keep us all busy, just hope she plans a hearty dinner!  Work time, ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good week, and it sounds like you're getting in everything you need to with your training and busy schedule. Awesome!