Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm Back....Kind of

I have been very negligent in writing on my blog over the past month or so.  My life has been turned upside down over the past three weeks for reasons I can not get into right here/now.  I haven't felt like jotting down what has been going on for the simple reason that it doesn't need to be out there just yet.  So....what can I write about?  Well, how about my health and the upcoming race season.

Health
Ugh, not great!  I played indoor soccer about a month ago and injured my left leg and after about two or three weeks I developed a bump right on my hip flexor.  Initially my sports doc thought was a hernia, so I had to go see a surgeon.  At the surgeon's office I was told that it wasn't a hernia.  Great news!  Well, I guess so, except that I still didn't know what the bump was.  Dang!  So back to square one to find out what the heck is wrong with the leg.  I am also dealing with some numbness on the outside of the leg as well, that is the real concern.  The funny thing with all of this is that I have been able to bike on my trainer with out any pain or discomfort.  In fact, I feel better after exercising.

The one other issue I am dealing with is pain in my lower back and that has curtailed any running that I might be doing.  I am really missing running right now, especially with all of the snow and cold weather.  This is my favorite time of the year for running.  I guess I just have to play it day by day.

Up-Coming Season
I took some time today to write down a tentative 2011 Race Schedule and here is what I came up with:
Not everything above is set in stone, e.g. probably not doing two races the weekend of August 6th.  Also, I may add some additional things in there as the year progresses, but at least this is a starting point for getting my training schedule started.  Of course I need to get health first.  Also, I haven't registered for most of the events either just yet, so there is a possibility that I might not get into some of them.

Oh, the last final bit of news is that I got a new phone, the iPhone 4!  It is awesome!  I absolutely love it.  I have only scratched the surface for what it can do and the apps that I can load on to it.  I need to find some good training apps.  So excited!!

That is it for now.  I am going to try and get back in to writing in this more often and hopefully be able to write some positive things soon.  Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your back pains, I think back pain is one of the worst most annoying ever, it seems to never go away! I'll also be doing the UNITE half and the Broad Street Run this year! Maybe I'll see you at both!

TrevorD said...

I hope you figure out what is ailing you...that can be such a nag that just gnaws your mental strength down.

Your schedule looks impressive - back-to-back tris on 8/6 and 8/7 should be fun!!