Friday, April 22, 2011

Mini-Mile Stone


Yesterday marked the first time since November that I have run/biked THREE days in a row!!!  Yes, it is a huge accomplishment.  In reality, how sad is it that no more than six months ago I was putting in 20 hours of training a week, only taking Monday's off to rest.  Now I am celebrating three days of physical activity in a row. 

Today I will be hoping to complete the quadruple, yes, that's right....FOUR days in a row!!!  When I get home from work I am going to head into my basement and put in 45 minutes on the bike.  Wait it gets better because tomorrow I will be running yet again.....8 to 10 miles in preparation for the Broad Street Run which is a mere ten days away.  Provided I am able to complete all of my planned activities, that will make FIVE straight days and SIX out of SEVEN days of training.  Sounds like I am back baby!

As for my run yesterday, it was much better than my Wednesday run.  I managed to get in 5.25 miles at about 8:17/mile pace.  I am still way off my sub-8/min mile training pace of last year, but I am also 15 lbs heavier and not even close to being in "good" shape.  I'll take it for now.  Enough for today, back to work.  Adios!

1 comment:

TrevorD said...

3, oh, it's the magic number...yes it is...it's the magic number

:) Keep it up