Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Little Time & Born to Tri Race Report

I haven't had a lot of time to write in this Blog here.  I have been pretty busy for the past two weeks with work, traveling to Pittsburgh and then racing this past weekend (Born to Tri in Asbury Park, NJ).  I have not been a good writer in the least.

Born to Tri Race Report

Swim (.3 miles):  9:55 - 91 out of 279
The sky was a bit overcast, but the sun was peeking through.  I was able to wear my wetsuit which was a good thing since I hadn't swum in two weeks.  The swim was in the ocean which was also a good thing.  Nothing spectacular here, it was over pretty quickly; however, the toughest part was the long run to transition.

T1:  1:05

Bike (12 miles):  34:14 (21.0MPH) - 76 out of 279
I was so beat the entire bike, I just couldn't get my legs going.  In the past I easily could have maintained 22 or 23 MPH on such a flat course, but not on this day.  I did the best that I could and that is all that I could ask.

T2:  :46

Run (3.1 miles):  24:01 (7:37/mile) - 116 out of 279
Ugh, again I was just not feeling all that great.  I just kept my feet moving, one in front of the other.  It was a a beautiful day and I was just going to try to enjoy the run as much as possible.  Each mile was a little faster than the last, and I enjoyed running along the Asbury Park boardwalk. 

Total:  1:10:02 - 84 out of 279
I wasn't especially happy with my performance but then again what can I expect for the amount of training that I have been doing and the lack of focus when actually in the water or on the road.  I'm not sure if I'll do any more races this season, it has been such a funky season for me.  The "new" job, family "stuff" and everything else that is going on means that I just can't train like I want too. 

I'll have another post later on today or tomorrow....I have to write about my birthday... yeah, I turned 40.  Cheers!

4 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats on the race and Happy Bday and another new age group

Theia said...

Most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! When was it?

Congrats on your race. For most people, those times would be totally brag-worthy. I think you rocked it.

Unknown said...

Great job on the race, still good times even though you weren't totally feeling it. Happy Birthday!

Miguel Vieira said...

Heyyyy... happy birthday! :) Im not there yet but will soon join that group as well.

I've had those days where the body just not reacts to what the mind wants to do. Good on you to keep those legs going for the run. :)

Miguel
http://roadtoironmandaddy.blogspot.com/