Friday, November 30, 2012

On the Mend....AGAIN!

Two weeks ago I decided to play soccer, innocent enough, right?  The next morning I wake up barely able to lift my leg without tremor inducing pain.  The next night I woke up every hour with shooting pain down my quad to my thigh.  WTF?  It took me four days to go to my family physician (after one visit to my sports doc) only to find out it is all based around the stenosis I have in my L5/S1 joint. 
So after prescription for some pain medication (Vicodin) and another drug (MethylPREDNISolone) and a week later I am actually able to sleep through the night and walk around without looking like a 70 year old man.  Thank God!

Of course there is never a good time for injury to occur, but this was a particularly bad time for the simple fact that I was looking to start my Two Year Plan to IMAZ 2014 the day after Ironman Arizona.  This injury pretty much nixed any of that happening.  The plan now is to get healthy, loss weight (I am up over 200lbs right now...holy crap!!!), and then start a training program.

That's it for now.  Cheers.

2 comments:

Miguel Vieira said...

YEAH! Go for it man! Im also on a two year plan to hopefully go to Kona in 2014. I've been away from my blog and friend's blogs but now that I am a bit more settled in Cape Town I'll stop by more often. How did the London job go?

Theia said...

Oh no! Hope you're back up and about soon. Injuries are the suck.