Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Two Words....

....Sports Hernia

I am trying to find a good doctor to have this repaired, but the ones in the immediate area (Philly) don't take my insurance...or any insurance in some instances.  I found a reputable doctor in New Brunswick, NJ, but haven't set up an appointment with him yet (left a message).

Turns out this is the injury I have been dealing with for the past three or four months.  The MRI revealed that I have:
  • Sports Hernia - most likely needs surgery
  • Strained Abdominal Muscle - rest, healed by now
  • Congenital hip dysplasia - nothing I can do about it
I can't run, literally, I can't run.  My left leg just doesn't work correctly and there is pain.  I can't bike, the pain the day/week after is unbearable (can't sleep for more than an hour with out waking up in agony).  I can't swim....because I cancelled my gym membership (times are tight).

Not much else to report on a blog about triathlon when you can't train, can't sign up for races, can't do anything.  It is a sad time right now.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hope your recovery goes fast and are able to race again soon

TrevorD said...

Ah sh*t dude...sorry to hear about the injuries. They can be challenging to overcome. But if you're strong enough to finish an IM, you're strong enough to get through this...

Theia said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this. Hopefully you'll get the insurance garbage straightened out soon so you can get all fixed up.