Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finding My Place

I have been absolutely horrible at updating this darn blog lately.  With my new job and everything else that last think I am thinking about is documenting what is going on with my life and training.  Also, I started this blog to track my progress to IM Arizona and now that it is over I am trying to reposition it a bit....to what, I have no idea. 

I have been less than stellar with my training for the past two months or so.  I have done my best to get out and run four days a week, but cycling on the trainer has pretty much stopped since about two weeks ago and swimming is not going to be happening for a while since I don't currently belong to a pool.  I have gone from dedicating about 15 months of my life to training for a an Ironman race to now trying to figure out what is next.  I know that I have a half marathon in the middle of April that I am woefully underprepared for and the Broad Street Run the beginning of May, but other than that I don't have anything concrete.  This is definitely a weird feeling and I am having a tough time grasping the non-structured life I am now leading.

I guess what I need to do is lay out a plan for the next nine months, a list of definite races that I will be doing (what I had posted a month ago was more of a wish list).  Then I need to lay out a training program that will get me to the finish line of that last race in October.  I find it rather comical how my not having a training schedule is driving me nuts.

As for P90X, I techincally started that on Tuesday night, but now I realized that I need to probably reset how I am going to do it on a day-to-day basis.  Since I have soccer on Wednesday nights (which I am totally kicking ass in) I shouldn't be doing plyometrics that day.  I am going to have Monday's be the day I start the week, instead of Tuesday's like I planned.  No worries.

That is it for now.  I have to get out and do a solid speed workout tonight since I am totally slacking on the running lately.  I have four days of pounding the pavement ahead of me, or at least three with a spin session the bike (Friday)....and P90X every night.  I am determined to get down to a good weight for the race season and be stronger as well.

Cheers!

No comments: