Friday, March 18, 2011

The New Schedule

Postings are few and far between these days and today is going to be short one.  Let me get right to my training rather than BS about a bunch of irrelevant stuff.

If I were to grade myself on my current training schedule it would be a "B-".  If you went back to say September/October I would have given myself an "A"  I seem to be doing as much as I can given my new work schedule and lack of time that I have, but I know that I could be carving out some additional time to do more.  Here is what my week has looked like thus far:
  • Monday - P90X-Chest/Back
  • Tuesday - P90X-Plyometrics (no run since the Plyo filled that gap)
  • Wednesday - Indoor soccer then P90X-Shoulders/Arms
  • Thursday - Nothing - I took a couple bad hits during soccer on Wednesday and my leg, ribs and neck were are hurting.  I thought it best to rest
  • Today - Planning to run 4 miles and then do P90X

I guess it doesn't look so bad from a high level, but I just don't feel like I am doing enough.  Here is what I think my weeks going forward are going to look like:
  • Monday - AM-P90X (Chest/Back/Abs);  PM-Rest
  • Tuesday - AM-P90X (Plyometrics); PM-Bike (on trainer)
  • Wednesday - AM-P90X (Shoulders/Arms/Abs); PM-Indoor soccer
  • Thursday - AM-P90X (Yoga); PM-Run
  • Friday- AM-P90X (???/Abs); PM-Bike (on trainer)
  • Saturday - AM-P90X; PM-Run or Bike
  • Sunday - AM-Run (long run)
On a positive note, I have been eating really well this week.  I have been going with a lot of salad and grilled chicken at lunch, eating tons of eggs and staying away from bad snacks.  I think that I am seeing a slight difference but it could all be an illusion.  Regardless, if I stick with the plan above I should be on my way to building up my body for a strong triathlon season.  All I am missing is the pool work, but that will have to wait until my and my family joins a pool.

Work is calling.....peace out!

No comments: