Thursday, June 9, 2011

Washington, DC

Quick post again...no time to post too many words.  Training has been great over the past week.  I was in Washington, DC for a conference and I was able to get up every morning and go for a solid runs around the monuments and even over to Arlington.  It was awesome...oh, and really friggin' HOT.  Today I am going to get back in the pool and try to get in a bike ride if possible later tonight on the trainer.  Below are pics from my trip.  Cheers!

 Oh my gosh, it is the Washington Monument!

 Yup, there's the Capital Building

 Not sure about this face, I guess I expected to see Obama.

 The Lincoln Memorial...

 ....and there is President Lincoln himself (behind me I mean).

 I was unaware that they were renovating the Reflecting Pool when I was there.  It was bizarre to see it like that.

 Chinatown on the way to dinner at Tengo's

 And of course, I had to swing by Georgetown Cupcakes to get some treats for my little girls back at home.  They love the show DC Cupcakes and were thrilled to get some for dessert when I arrived back at the homestead.

Here is the outside of the shop....the line was only about two or three people deep.  I was told that on the weekends there can be up to an hour wait.  For cupcakes?  Insane!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't been to DC in forever! Need to go back. It has been HOT HOT HOT, especially today! I can hardly sleep at night because it's so hot. I've thought a lot about IM NY/NJ and I think I'll go for it even with all of its pitfalls. I think I'll be ready for the 140.6 distance and I know that if I went anywhere far, my family wouldn't come and support me and that's what I really want. It was hard enough for just my mom to come to the NYC marathon!

RJSwim said...

Hey Jamie, great Blog - decided to join the 21st century and at least follow a blog. Not sure how this works yet. I used to live and work in DC, and I used to swim Masters with the Ancient Mariners team at White Oak pool in Maryland, next time you are in town, you can do a drop in for free to give it a try. Tell Tom Danes, Clay Britt, or the coaches that I referred you.
Also, like the IMAZ shirt, have one just like it.

miles99999 said...

Thanks RJ! I was actually looking for a place to swim when I was down in DC but ended up just not having any time. I am going to be down there a lot over the next few months, so I will definitely be taking you up on your advice.