Monday, January 9, 2012

The Good Week

Last week was the first week back to a routine, at least what resembled a routine.  I managed to get out and do something every single day with Thursday being a very easy day into thanks to my daughters choir practice, a late dinner and the girls getting to bed late.  I made it a point to get in exercise no matter what and I am eating healthier.  As a result I feel a heck of a lot better for it; I'm not as sore and achy as I have been the past few months, I have shed a few pounds, and I generally feel good.  Here is a breakdown of last weeks activity:
  • Monday - 4 mile run
  • Tuesday - 1 hour ride on trainer
  • Wednesday - Soccer Game (40 minutes)
  • Thursday - 30 minutes on trainer (sore from Wed night soccer
  • Friday - 5.2 mile run
  • Saturday - 21 mile bike ride (outside very hilly ride)
  • Sunday - 4.75 mile run
In the past I have preached to my father how all he needs to do is stick with an exercise program for a minimum of two weeks (three or four is ideal).  If he could do that then it would become routine and would become easier.  I wish that I had only listened to my own advice a little more carefully.  That has been my main limiter, the fact that I haven't been in a groove, I haven't been consistent with any workouts.  I have one week under my belt and I will continue it tonight when I get home.  Granted it is going to be consistently tricky because of the baby and the other two girls, but I will find a way to make it work.

One item of note is that my wife and I (or possibly just me) are on the cusp of joining our local YMCA which would mean I would finally have a pool to swim at and would also mean that I would have a reason to get up at 5:00AM every morning to swim and/or lift weights, do a spin class, etc.  I am pretty excited and am really looking forward to joining.  The bonus to joining now is that there is no sign up fee, which is around $150.  Let's make it happen!!!

Ciao!

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love getting back on schedule, its nice having a plan

Thanks for playing along with the comment story, its been fun and interesting