Thursday, October 29, 2009

Procrastination

I am sitting at work, eating my lunch, and really delaying the virtual piles of work that I need to get done. I really need to get moving on redesigning our intranet website as well as put together a plan of action for a branch integration project. I am just having a tough time getting it all together and started. I need some motivation!

On the training front, things are going well. The weather made a turn for the better today, which means it was somewhat sunny and around 60F. Yesterday was not so good, a pretty steady rain and about 55F. I have slowly but surely been picking up the pace of my runs over the past few weeks and finally feeling like I am getting my running form back.

Wednesday - 4.32 miles, 34:57 (8:06/mile), 153 BPM - crappy day to be out running, but made the best of it. Didn't go too hard, ran with Bill and another guy (Rob) who consequently took second place overall in the NJ State Sprint Triathlon back in July.

Today - 4.02 miles, 30:48 (7:40/mile), 160 BPM - great day, weater was solid and despite not feeling great (a bit tired from getting up so early the past couple of weeks), I ran negative splits (7:50, 7:46, 7:45, 7:18).

So, looks like it is time to get back to work. Time to hunker down and get it done....and with that I will stop using cliches and actually do some work. Peace out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck getting all of that work done. Tomorrow should be a great day too! I'm hoping to get a run in after work, although it'll be dark by then. Oh well, I'll take the good weather where I can!