Monday, October 5, 2009

Redundant

The past four or five days has been pretty blah for me. Everything with the fam' has been great, my wife is back to normal life following our trip and the girls are great. Athletically, I have been pretty uninspired. I just haven't been able to get motivated to get out and put the miles in. Granted, all pool workouts are on hold until I join a gym which will probably be in November sometime. The weather has been less than cooperative so that has lessened any chance of me getting out on my bike recently (aside from this past Saturday). As for running, I have been going, but I have been pretty slow. I need to sign up for a race sometime soon and have something to work towards.

I'm not going to really get into the details of the past few days except to say that I ran last Thursday and Friday; I managed to get my times down to 8:00/mile pace over 4 - 5 miles. Saturday I finally got out on the bike for a quick 11 mile ride. It was a little rough, but I had a good time just going fast. I ran today at lunch with Chris and Bill and it was a good day. Only 3.5 miles, but the last mile was in 7:35/mile pace. I am hoping that this week will be a good week.

Tiem to get back to doing some work this evening. I have been super busy at work the last three weeks or so. Ciao!

No comments: