Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Back in the Game

Super fast post here today, I'll recap the past few days...

Friday - Got in my swim in the morning, I felt pretty good and seem to have rediscovered my swim stroke that I had lost for the better part of the past month.  I think it had something to do with work stress.  I skipped my run, giving my right quad a bit of rest figuring that I would only do more harm than good.

Saturday - I was able to sleep in a bit before bringing my dog to the vet with "The Diva" at 8:30AM.  Once home I was able to strap on my bike gear and head out for a frigid four hour ride.  I rode from my home in Doylestown all the way up along the Delaware River to Lafayette College (my FIL Alma Mater).  I stopped at a local bike shop to pick up some Gu Chomps and had to field a sales pitch.  All in all my ride was 75 miles in right about 4:00:00.  I was really beat, probably erred a bit on the fuel, should have eaten more before my ride.  Immediately after the ride I put in a 30 minute run at about 8:10/mile pace.  I am guessing though because my Garmin kept losing a GPS signal.

Sunday - thank God for turning the clocks back!  I slept until 6:30AM, go up and was out on the road by 7:00AM to get in my two hour run.  I was really hurting for the first three miles or so, running at about 8:40/mile pace.  I turned it around for the last ten miles and brought my average pace down to about 8:33/mile.  I ended up about 5 minutes short of two hours, only because I was going with the family to church.  My right quad was a little sore, but no pain at all.

Monday - Day of Rest!!!  I was a bit more sore than expected, but it went away as the day wore on.

Today - Feeling good!  I put in 3,600m in the pool this morning and felt like I was swimming well.  My main set was 5 x 400m and I was able to post negative splits on each successive 400M with an overall improvement of about 22 seconds from my first to my last.  I have a 45 minute run planned for lunch time today, I am hoping to get out with some of my work friends.

That is it for now.  Have a great day!  Ciao!

No comments: