Friday, September 18, 2009

Fab Friday

It is absolutely gorgeous out right now! The morning was a bit overcast and cold, but the weather has turned and it is around 65F and sunny. There has been zero consistency in the weather the past two weeks, which is frustrating, but I will definitley take the weather right now.

This week, like the weather recently, has been very varied for me. I spend the early part of the week in Chicago on a business trip, then was in the office on Wednesday for a normal day, and yesterday and today I have been working from home. All of this variety has had a definite impact on my training both for the good and for the worse, but most for the good.

Tuesday
I woke up around 6:00AM and headed out for another run along the western shores of Lake Erie. As was the case the day before, my Garmin was as inaccurate as could be. It wasn't until I got out of the tall buildings and along the lake that it started to read accurately. I was feeling a bit tired but I pushed along at a good pace and just had a good time running along the water. I think I ended up running around 5.7 miles at about 8:15/pace.
Wednesday
Back in the office and no one was around to run with me. I ended up running 4.34 miles in 34:17 (7:54/mile pace), and I felt pretty damn good. I would have gone farther, but I needed to get some work done having been neglecting so much work while in Chicago.

Thursday
I had all intentions of heading out and running or riding but it just didn't happen. Even though I was working from home, time didn't permit. I was busy all morning and then had something to do in the afternoon. I did manage to pick up something that will aid me in my fall/winter/spring training...a new Zoot Ultra Nanoshell Jacket. It was on a clearance rack at my LRS for 50% off. I was psyched!! FYI, that is not me modeling the jacket in the photos below.



Friday
Again working from home. My wife and I got our oldest on the bus this morning and then we dropped the little one off at Pre-K....and thank God she was in a good mood and went in with smiles on. I trudged through a bunch of stuff this morning and then at noon I decided it was time to break out my bike and go our for a ride. It has been about two weeks since I rode her and oh how I missed flying on her. I decided to not head to NJ, instead heading down to New Hope and doing a 21 mile loop. The first few miles were fast (I averaged about 34 MPH on one downhill stretch) and then it was slow, fast, slow for the rest. All in all I think it took me around 1:12 and I averaged around 18 MPH, which is pretty good considering the climbs I had....oh, and the fact that I haven't ridden in two weeks.
Now for the rest of the day it is get some major work down before the girls get home from school and then it is pizza for dinner. Tomorrow there is a soccer game for my eldest followed by a play date and then on Sunday it is off to Florida for a week (1/2 work, 1/2 vacation when my wife joins me). Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that Zoot jacket. It depresses me that I need to start getting cold weather gear, I'm not ready for this yet!