Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back to Back

Short post here since it is late and I need to get up early for work tomorrow. I have managed to put in two consecutive solid days of running and I am sore. As I said in my last post, I can't believe how quickly one can lose their fitness. Those seven days in Orlando really took a toll on me, actually my inactivity and eating tons of great (BAD) food were what did it to me.

Monday
I got back to business and hit the road with Bill for a 4.65 mile run. We started out at a good clip then slowed as we hit the long mile uphill. We ended up at 8:20 pace, not great but better than anything I did down in Florida.

Tuesday
A bit better day than Monday, I did the same 4.65 mile run only in reverse, and again with Bill. We stepped it up a bit this time bringing the pace down to 8:10 and I believe my HR was around 157 BPM. A bit high, but I'll take it considering the extra weight I am carrying around my mid-section.

Not much else to say right not except that I am in need of a race sometime soon. I need a goal to work towards for the next month or so before my running clubs winter series starts in December. I need to find a weekend race that won't interfere with my daughters soccer games on Saturday's. Time to start hunting!

No comments: