Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snowicane in Pennsylvania

I have been really lazy this week about pounding the keyboard to get anything written on here.  This is probably because I have spent so much time dealing with all of the friggin snow.  Here is what has been going on lately...in brief:
  • Wednesday night - Did an hour on the trainer in the basement all while watching Lost.
  • Thursday - The "Snowicane" hit late, but I managed to get in my speed work out (no swim though).  I did 2 x 2miles at Half-Marathon pace (7:20/mile).
  • Friday - Wanted to do swimming but instead spent an hour shoveling the driveway, 3" - 18" of snow at various points (lots of drifting snow).  Essentially a rest day. Oh, I did take my 7 year old to the park to go sledding....lots of trodding through knee deep snow and dragging 50 lbs on a sled.
  • Friday night - We took the kids to PF Chang's for dinner, my oldest daughter is learning about China in school and really wanted to eat with chop sticks.  The meal was awesome!
  • Today - Did a well paced 4 mile run around 1:00PM, averaged ~7:47/mile (last two miles at 7:30/mile).  I felt like I could have kept going at that pace, I felt really fresh.  Decided I should ease up since I have a race tomorrow (4.6 miles) and am going to have to add an additional 4.5 miles afterward.
Right now I am just chilling out with my girls while my wife is out at the store (she needed to get out of the house....I can't blame her).  I am about to be recruited to play a game of Hullabaloo, so it is time to run, err play.  Adios!

1 comment:

BreeWee said...

sledding totally counts as training :)
Thank you a lot for all your support.... hope everything is wonderful in your world!