Monday, May 9, 2011

So FAT!!!

It is Monday morning and I need a good kick in the ass.  I am having the most difficult time getting into a routine, a training routine that is.  Last week was pretty solid, I managed three run days and two bike days; five days in a row and I was looking to make it six until I neglected to do anything yesterday.  I do have an excuse though, it was Mother's Day and it would have been suicide to try and sneak out for a run or a ride.  Here is the problem though, I still haven't put together a training program and I am just kind of going through the motions, doing what I think I should do, but probably not what I should be doing.  Ugh, I need to get back on track and soon.

A quick note about Saturday, I had to get out for a run before my daughters soccer game at 9:00AM (which was followed by an all day lacrosse tournament).  So I was up and out of the house by 7:15AM for what I planned to be a 7 - 8 mile run.  Whew, that was not going to happen...I was so slow and tired.  I mean ridiculously slow and tired.  I was struggling to keep my pace below a 9:00/min mile.  That was unheard of months ago.  I think I finished my 6.1 mile run at 8:50/mile pace (the last mile helped bring it down a bit).  There are a few things that I can attribute this to, but the primary one is my weight.  I am up about 20 lbs from November and I still haven't lost anything yet....not that I have been really trying all that hard.  FOCUS!!!

Alright, this week I should be able to get into a running groove at least.  I am going into NYC for a sales conference which means I will be able to get up and go running every morning that I am there.  It is probably going to mean that I have to get up by 6:00AM, but heck it is better than the 4:15AM I was doing last year....I shouldn't complain about 6:00AM.  So I am looking at three mornings of running around lower Manhattan, it should be good.

I think I am about two and a half months out from my next race, the NJ State Triathlon (Olympic) and I am not even close to being in "race" shape.  I need to get my plan ready and start to execute it.  I have never been this disorganized in all of my life.  Ugh!

Time to get back to work.  Peace out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best thing for me to do is have my workouts written out on a calendar so I cross them out as I complete them. I love crossing things out and it gives me a major sense of accomplishment. Try it!

How is the Jerseyman? I'm scared that it's going to be so hilly I'll just want to fall into a ditch on the side of the road and/or walk myself the rest of the way.