Friday, May 6, 2011

TGIF....or Maybe Not

It is Friday and I am ready for the weekend to start.  However, now that I have said that, I suspect that this weekend will be busier than I am during the week.  Heck, I don't know what I want.  I feel as though I have absolutely no time anymore, at least no time for me.  I must admit though, when I was training last year I was getting up before 5:00AM every morning and getting a good chunk of my training done before most of the world was awake.  That was my "ME" time.  Now I am sleeping in until 5:45AM, and leaving for work by 6:30AM and hoping to fit in a workout before I go to bed, usually finishing up around 10:30AM.  I have to figure this all out and soon.

So this week has been a pretty good one with regards to training:
  • Monday I took off from any exercise because I was pretty sore from the Broad Street Run. 
  • Tuesday I put in a mellow 45 minute spin on my bike (trainer). 
  • Wednesday I managed to get in a 3.5 mile run, which included a lot of hills. 
  • Thursday I did a very solid hour on the bike (trainer). 
  • Today I am going to do a 5 mile run when I get home from work before I mow the lawn.
  • Saturday I am going to try and do a 8 mile run before my daughters soccer game at 9:00AM.
  • Sunday, phew...not sure about Sunday since it is Mother's Day.  If anything I might be able to get a ride in later on in the day provided I am given the OK from my better half.
I still haven't put together a training plan which is pretty sad.  It looks like I am going to have to put off joining a gym with a pool until after the summer, which means I will be doing all of my swim training at our local outdoor swim club (Fanny Chapman Pool).  That means there will be a lot of very cold water swims to start the season.  BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I mentioned a busy weekend, in fact it is really Saturday that is what is going to be busy.  9:00AM I have my daughters soccer game.  9:30AM my wife will be taking my youngest to her dance class.  We will all get home from these activities around 10:40AM.  We will then have a little bit of down time before we hop into the family car and head down to Abington, PA for a lacrosse festival for my oldest daughter (I am coaching her team).  We need to be there by 12:15PM, which means we need to be in the car driving by 11:45AM.  The lacrosse fest will go until around 4:45PM at which time I imagine we are going to have to stop on the way home to get something for dinner.  I figure we will probably be home around 6:30PM or thereabouts.  It is going to be a long day, but hopefully a fun one.

No comments: