Thursday, May 19, 2011

Why Can't I Get Up?

Quick post this morning.....lots of work to do.  I have one question that I need an answer to, why can I not get myself up and out of bed at 5:00AM to go running or riding?  Why?  Why?  Why?


This morning my alarm went off at 5:00AM and I was just laying there wide awake.  Then it went off again at 5:05AM and I continued to lay there in bed.  I stared at the ceiling contemplating what I should do.  Deep down I knew that I should be getting up and working out, but there was something holding me back.  Is it because I spent a year of waking up at 4:15AM so that I could get to the pool and swim 3,000m+ every other morning and I am burnt out?  Is it because the weather isn't perfect yet (it was raining out this morning)?  Is it because I am so terribly out of shape that I don't enjoy running at at painful 8:15/mile pace?  Whatever the reason I need some inspiration.  I have an Olympic distance triathlon is about 10 weeks and I not even close to being in shape for it.  That should be enough motivation, but it just isn't.  Ugh, I need to figure this out.


I should point out that my training time is short at the moment, I need to leave for work around 6:30AM and usually don't get home until around 6:00PM.  I don't have the ability to run at lunch like I could at my old job, I have a lot to do when I get home from work, usually free to do what I need to do around 8:30PM.  So yeah, my free time is really in the AM right now.


Any advice from anyone is welcome and appreciated.  Peace out!

No comments: