Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bacon Pizza and Regurgitation

Last night sucked! It all started out well and good. My wife decided that instead of cooking we would just order in pizza. I was psyched because that meant I could order bacon as a topping on the pie and basically be in heaven. I proceeded to eat two slices, but wasn't feeling all that well at the conclusion of the second slice. Something just wasn't right, but I didn't think anything of it.

Following dinner I tasked with getting the girls in the tub and shower and making sure they were clean. Not a big deal except for the fact that my stomach wasn't feeling all that great...I soldiered on and got them clean as a whistle, into their pajamas and ready for bed.

By 8:30PM they were both in bed and asleep (thank God!) and my wife was down on the treadmill getting a run in. I was going to go down and watch TV with her, but I just wasn't feeling any better so I opted to just hang out in our bedroom and chill out. Then around around 9:30PM I started feeling horrible and that's when it happened....

Bacon pizza is my favorite type of pizza. It is so much different from the standard fare, it is a bit out of the ordinary. I savored every bite of it at dinner.

....the bacon pizza decided that it didn't enjoy my stomach as much as it normally does, so it reversed direction and ended up in the toilet. Yes, what tasted so good going down was absolutely disgusting coming back up, so much so that the thought of eating it again brings back pangs of nausea. The rest of the night was no picnic as I tossed and turned in bed and made another visit or two to the bathroom to take care of business.

I woke up this morning feeling absolutely beat, so tired and my stomach was aching. Thank goodness that I planned to work from home today, because I was not in any shape to be doing anything strenuous. Needless to say I didn't run or bike today, nor do I have any plans to do so. In retrospect, I'm not sure what made me so sick, maybe it was the turkey sandwich at lunch, or possibly it was the bacon pizza that I so love. Well, whatever it was I think it is gone now, but I am going to take it easy at dinner tonight....I do not want to go through that again.

That is about it for now, time to make dinner for me in the girls. I do hope to get in a run tomorrow morning before heading out for Thanksgiving with the relatives.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pukey sickness is the worst! I hope you're feeling better for Thanksgiving!