Monday, November 30, 2009

Battling

Another rough early morning, but I made it through it. I suppose it was kind of a blessing being awoke with some major stomach pains at 4:30AM. It allowed me to do what I was forced to do, then shave, get dressed, feed the dog, let the dog out and then head for work around 5:30AM. I was in the office at 6:20AM this morning and thus got a very early start on the day.

So yes, I am still dealing with some lingering stomach issues. It is really quite bizarre, I wake up anywhere between 2AM and 5AM, take care of business (not pretty business either), then I am fine for the rest of the day. I have been dealing with some indigestion, heartburn and bloating, all of which have made me uncomfortable, but not so much that it is crippling me. I have a doctors appointment for 3:45PM this afternoon and I am hoping that he can shed some light on my stomach issues. I just want to be able to get a full nights sleep with out the half hour interruptions I have been dealing with since last Tuesday.

On the training front, I did manage to get a run in at lunch today and I felt pretty good. It took a bit of internal coaxing to actually get myself out there....the weather is absolute rubbish (rainy and cold). I went out pretty easy and only for 4 miles. Being I hadn't run in five days and fearing some issues, I chose to go relative slow to start ( I usually do the first mile pretty fast and then slow to a steady pace). When I was all done I was happy that I went out and got it done.

Today: 4 mile run, 31:52 (7:58/mile), 155 PM - Raining, cold and dreary. Glad to finally get out and move my legs a bit. I'm looking forward to a week of good work outs!

That is it for today. I need to get some work done. Oh geez, I can't believe that Ironman Arizona is a mere 51 weeks away!!!

No comments: