Monday, November 9, 2009

Indecision

Indecision...that is the word of the day. I am working from home today which means that I have the ability to either run or ride. The only problem is that I have run/rode six out of the past seven days and I really need a rest (last rest day was last Tuesday). Being that I really don't have the ability to ride all that often because of lack of light, lack of heat, or lack of motivation, today would be the best day to head out and ride a bit (sunny and 66F). Problem is that my legs are a bit heavy and my lower back in a bit of pain. Well, the smart Jamie made the decision to rest as I originally planned.*

So, it looks like I am going to take it easy today and then run the next few days. I am heading to Atlanta tomorrow and I hope to get a run in soon after getting to my hotel. There is just something about running in a different city that is exciting. I haven't been to Atlanta in a long time and I am looking forward to exploring it a bit.

Friday - 4.61 miles, 35:23 (7:41/mile), 161 BPM - Ran with Chris and it was a quick one...our splits were: 7:55, 7:56, 7:43 (up hill), 7:26, 7:12 (last .61 miles). Amazingly I felt really good.

Saturday - Ride - 17.57 miles, 1:01:47 (17.1 MPH), 137 BPM - Had the chance to take the bike and it was fun. I didn't ride all that hard but I did ride a bit of a hard route. My pace was slowed because the bridge to NJ was closed, which I didn't find out until I was on the other side. Then I had a good climb back up from the river.

Sunday - 9.57 miles, 1:16:25 (7:59/mile), 161 BPM - I really wanted to run 10 but I also wanted to get home and see my family. I pretty much kept my pace at 8:00/mile with the only exceptions being steep climbs or descents. My last .57 miles was at 7:36/mile.

*There is a pretty decent chance that I am going to throw the trainer wheel on my bike and try out my Kurt Kinetic trainer tonight....so maybe a night of total rest just isn't in the cards. We'll see.

No comments: