Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doh So Sore-o Mio

It is Thursday afternoon and I am still hurting a bit from the past few days....actually I blame Tuesday night soccer.  My groin muscles are especially killing me, probably from all of the cutting and "unusual" movements for a runner/triathlete.  Funny that I would now call myself that after spending the first thirty years or so of my life playing soccer and lacrosse and only running as a means to improve my fitness.  Now I am pretty much just a runner/triathlete with the occasional soccer game thrown in as a change of pace.

Nothing too crazy going on lately, just the normal swim, bike, run, but I have just been so beat. 

Wednesday Night
After a long day in the office I was able to get to the pool and get my 2,500M swim in.  I still can't believe that I can say this with all honesty, but I was really happy to be in the water.  If you had asked me after my first triathlon if I would ever do a triathlon again, I would have told you, "No f'ing way, swimming SUCKS!!!"  Here I am four or five years later and I relish the chance to get in the water because I feel like I make improvements with each and every lap.  Last night was no different.  During my 300M warm up, the first 100M I swam was 1:40....what?  Really?  Yup, that is a good five seconds faster than my fastest 100M (translates to 1:31 for 100yds).  Each lap following slowed a bit, but for the most part I felt pretty strong and all of my 100M splits were well below two minutes.

After swimming I had to run home and get changed for my dance rehearsal.  I think I have mentioned it here, if not....I am taking part in my oldest daughters dance recital on Sunday.  I will be a member of the Daddy Dance portion of the show and last night was our last chance to practice.  I feel confident in saying that we are all pretty bad and with the intent being to provide a little humor for the audience, well we shouldn't have any problem doing that.

Today
I woke up around 5:00AM, stared at the ceiling for about five minutes and dragged my sore body from my bed.  I really didn't want to get up and ride my bike in the basement on my trainer, but I wanted to get it out of the way.  Surprisingly the time went by pretty quickly as I watched the Women's ITU Event from Seoul (I had DVR's it).  The goal of the ride was to keep my cadence at or above 100 RPMs which I think I managed to do. 

After that it was shower time and then PANCAKE TIME!!!  Wahoo!  I love starting the morning off with pancakes for me and my girls. 

That is if for now.  Still a couple hours left of work and then I am heading home to do some cleaning out of our downstairs storage closet.  Tomorrow is going to be a visit to the pool in the early AM and a nice long run at lunch if I can fit it in.  Sayonara!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you've found yourself some fast swim arms! Good job on the training.