Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Soccer & Early Mornings

I am a little sore this morning, I am really not in soccer shape at all.  I ran about four miles during lunch and then I played soccer last night with a team I played with last year.  I was called into duty by the team "owner" because they were playing their arch rivals, who happen to be a bunch of guys I played with when I was younger....a lot younger.  Anyway, the game was a lot of fun despite the fact that we got beat 4 - 0.  I started out at center midfield and then moved over to left midfield/wing about midway through the first half.  I had a hard time getting the ball as the boys on my squad had a tendency to just clear the ball with reckless abandon and dribble until they had it taken.  There was not a lot of one or two touch soccer, so not quality.  That part was a little frustrating, but I didn't make too big a deal or a fuss because I was just a visitor to their game, there to help out where ever possible.

I wasn't on the field for the first two goals, neither of which was what I would consider to be of any quality.  I was actually subbed out with about 15 minutes left in the 1st half.  I didn't go back in until around 30 minutes left in the 2nd.  I hustled my ass off but I wasn't able to make anything happen despite my best intentions.  I am looking forward to playing in a 3 v. 3 tournament this coming Saturday.  Last night was a good tune up for that.

As for this morning I was up at 4:35AM and immediately went down into the basement for a 45 minute session on the trainer.  I can't believe how quickly the time went.  First I caught up on the season finale of "How I Met Your Mother" and then I finished up the last 20 minutes of my ride with the 2006 Ironman World Championships.  Watching the beginning of that was just so inspiring.

Time to get the girls on the bus and to school.  Hope to get in the pool tonight for 2,500M or so....haven't gotten in yet this week.  Cheers!

No comments: