Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Soccer, Soreness, & Super

I woke up this morning really sore, and not just any ole sore, soccer sore. Yup, that's right I played soccer on Tuesday night and I was paying for it. My quads were sore, my calves were aching, the muscles behind my knees were hurtin', heck even the muscles in my feet were giving me giving me problems. I believe that I am going to be officially giving up soccer until after my triathlon training is over, it just isn't worth the price that I pay.

The worst part about playing soccer is that no one on my team will get me the ball. Most of my team is made up of Spanish speaking guys, which leads me to believe that because I am not fluent in Espanol, I am not going to be getting the ball. So frustrating knowing that I am one of the better players on the team and they choose not to utilize me. That makes my decision all the easier.

Today
As I said already, I woke up in pain, but I wasn't about to let that interior my training for the day. So I made sure that I got in my 45 minute ride (about 14 miles, 19.1 MPH) followed immediately by a 15 minute run (about 1.85 miles, 7:56/mile pace). The best part about my work-out was that my heart rate never really got above 150 BPM. I think that I am definitely improving my fitness.

That is it for now. I am home alone with my little ones and it is dessert time. Tomorrow it is back into the pool in the early AM and then an hour on the bike at lunch. I'm looking forward to a good day. Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how you can be in such stellar shape and get sore from playing other sports? Happened to me a lot with field hockey. Way to rock your training, you're definitely improving your fitness!