Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rest, Sick, & Sucking

The beginning of this week has been all over the map.  Let's start with Monday...I felt awesome following my race on Sunday.  Really, I couldn't have felt any better, that is until around 4:00PM when I hit an imaginary wall.  I became severely exhausted and just wanted to lie down and go to sleep; I couldn't figure out what the heck happened.  Flash forward to 7:00PM and I wanted nothing to do with dinner and simply wanted to lie down.  Then at 8:00PM I headed up to bed with the chills and a pretty good fever going.  I was up all night with a fever, having very crazy dreams and waking up every 15 - 30 minutes....it was not a fun night.

Tuesday I spent the entire day in bed and on the couch.  I felt miserable.

Wednesday I felt a lot better and ventured into work only to start feeling like crap around 9:00AM.  I was advised my co-workers to head home and work from there since none of them wanted to get whatever it was that I had.  Once home I took some Motrin which really helped me to feel better.  Thank God!!!  Around lunch time I decided I should try and get in the pool for a bit, see if I was in fact feeling better.  It was so good to be swimming in an outdoor pool (and a 25 YD pool at that).  I ended up putting in 2,700 yds and I felt really strong.  It is amazing how much faster I feel in a 25 yard pool, with out even really trying I posted two 1:37 100yds. 

After the swim I was back working until around 5:30PM, when dinner came calling and then it was off to the pool with the girls.  It was a momentous day for my little 5 year old, she finally put her whole face under water (YEAH!!!).  We hope that sometime this weekend she will feel more comfortable and be able to really submerge herself and start some underwater swimming (not pushing, just hoping).

Once the girls were in bed I was down in the basement watching Ironman St. George (which I DVR'd) while I banged out 45 minutes on the trainer.  I followed that up with around a 20 minute run outside, 2.3 miles....it was still really hot and muggy out at 10:00PM, crazy.

Today, I was up around 5:00AM and at the pool and it was bad, REAL BAD.  I was tired and my swim showed it.  I actually had to cut it short by 200M because my stroke was just falling apart and I was struggling to make it from one end to the next.  All in all it was a 2,300M swim in around 48 minutes.  Ugh, so slow and so bad.  On tap for tonight is one hour on the bike, probably in the basement before dinner if I can manage it.  We'll see how it goes.  That is it for now.  Hope you all are having a good week.  Peace out!

No comments: