Thursday, September 9, 2010

2.23693629 Miles

This morning started like many Ironman Training Program mornings.  My alarm went off at 4:15AM, then again at 4:20AM.  I stared at the ceiling for a minute, asked myself, "Why am I doing this?", then made my way to the bathroom to do, yada yada yada, then get dressed.  I arrived at HealthQuest a bit earlier than normal, right at 5:00AM, made my to the pool and was able to get into a lane around 5:20AM (it was packed this morning).  This all sounds very mundane I am sure....who the heck cares about what time I woke up, what I did when I woke up, and what time I got into the pool?  But wait, this morning, albeit a very normal Thursday for me, was in fact very different for what happened next.  Today is the first time that I have every swam over TWO MILES!!!  It was actually 2.23693629 miles to be exact, in the pool you see below (although it is much darker when I am swimming there). 


I didn't realize it until last night when I was looking over my training program that I was moving up to the next set of swim workouts, the ~3,500m sets.  I was not a happy camper when I saw this, I thought I had another week before the move up.  Oh well, nothing I could do to change that. 

3,600m = 500M wu, 4 x 100m drills, 5 x 400m @45sec, 8 x 50m drills, 300m cd

What can I say about the swim workout?  It took forever!  I am sitting here tired and hungry.  The two bowls of Rice Crispies with a banana just isn't  cutting it and I am craving some additional nourishment.

Oh, yesterday, I should probably mention that I did my normal Wednesday BRICK in the early AM.  45 minutes on my trainer, just slogging along trying to get my legs moving.  It was not a good ride what so ever.  Then immediately after I did my 30 minute run which started out really well and then slowly went downhill.  I was happy to get home and into the shower, knowing that I was done for the day with my workouts.  It was also my turn to get the girls onto the school bus, which meant it was a pancakes-for-breakfast morning!!!  Yes, me and the girls were really happy about this and we ate like champs!

I still have an hour and a half ride (@ 15 min, insert 8 x 4 min Z4 @ 2 min spin) I have to do after work today.  It should be a good ride, at least I am hoping that it will be.

Have a great day and peace out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the positive vibes :o)

Great job on the stepping up in the swim. 3,500 is a lot and rice crispies and a banana don't seem like enough to fuel you! Do you like oatmeal? I always find that that quells my hunger on big training days and is super easy to add calories (and flavors). I've got lots of ideas if you need any!!

Sladed said...

The swim may have taken "forever" but it's quite a milestone to keep in mind. File it in your head for future reference when you need to if self-doubt ever creeps in.