Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Recap...Quick

It's Monday morning and I really have a busy day ahead of me, so here is a quick recap of my weekend:

Saturday
I was up and out of the house by 5:25AM for my long ride.  It was dark, I mean really dark when I left.  Thank goodness for my Petzl Myo headlamp.  It was cold.  Glad I picked up a that Zoot jacket last year, it was the perfect choice for the early morning start.  It was a slow first 6 - 10 miles, my legs were a little tired and honestly I was tired as well.  I basically rode the Hunterdon Half bike course, the half iron distance triathlon I am doing on October 10th.  It is a very tough course, a lot of hills....tough hills.  I did not set any speed records today, I simply got the time and miles in and worked my ass off.  Total ride stats:  74 miles, 4:06:00, 18MPH

I followed my ride with a quick change into my running gear and did a 45 minute run in my new shoes (K-Swiss Blade-Light Run).  First off, the shoes were awesome, so much lighter than my old shoes.  They don't have as much cushioning, so I'll have to see how that plays out going forward.  As for the actual run, I felt really good, I did 5.7 miles in 45 minutes, good for a 7:54/mile pace.

After my workouts were over it was soccer time.  The girls played phenomenal, so proud of how they spread out, passed the ball, and just played well.  I think we won 3 - 2, but not positive.  Great day for everyone.  After soccer it was a lot of chilling out because I was beat.  I think I was in bed and asleep by 10:00PM

Sunday
Whew, I slept in....7:30AM!!!  A solid nights sleep, around 9.5 hours of much needed sleep!!!  I had an hour and 45 minute run on tap, so around 9:15AM I was out the door and running.  Not much to really report except that I think I got my fueling down for the run, I didn't bonk or fade really at all.  I was very consistent with my pace, right around 8:25/mile.  There were slow miles and fast miles, but those were dictated by the terrain, not by how I was feeling.  Total run stats:  1:46:00, 12.4 miles, 8:24/mile pace.

After the run, I rinsed off and then headed out to cut the lawn and do some chores.  Then I was able to sit down and watch some football for a long while.  Oh, my oldest daughter had a play date with a friend in her class.  I have to say "Thank you" to my wife for taking care of that, simply making sure they were doing "stuff" and also leading them on a nature hike.  That allowed me to chill out for a while and then to give my bike a good scrubbing.  Ah, it was during my bike cleaning that I discovered that my rear derailleur cable had snapped...it actually snapped right there.  I was pissed, but then realized that I should be happy that it didn't happen during my 74 mile ride the day before.  So, that left me not able to get in my hour and 15 minute spin I planned to do that night.  Instead I ate a ton of pasta and meatballs and was asleep by 9:30AM.

Today
It is a day of rest!  There are a couple of things that I do have to do though.  After work I will be coaching my daughters soccer practice from 5:30PM to 6:30PM.  Then immediately following that I need to get my bike over to High Road Cycles to have them replace all of my cables (if one went, they should all probably be changed).  Then I will be getting to bed early again. 

That is it for now.  Ciao!

1 comment:

Sladed said...

Nice weekend of training. Looks like you came up with the solution why part of last week was not a good one... lack of SLEEP!