Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crazy Week

Where do I start...probably at the beginning. It has been a crazy week,everything has been turned upside down in my household. Wednesday afternoon I received a call from my wife telling me that she had fallen. Flash forward to later that night and we find out she has a fractured ankle. She was hurting really bad. I felt/feel so bad for her; it is her right ankle so that means no driving for a while. It also means that everything just got tougher in our house, e.g. school mornings, dance class, dinner, etc. All those things that my wife typically does now become drastically more complicated.

Now for my completely and totally selfish and self-centered angle. My training this week has suffered, I have missed a few key runs and rides, I have had to cut two of my swims really short, and I just feel like everything is off kilter. OK, I am not trying to be a drama queen here, I understand that many people have to suffer through much more difficult situations than mine. I am simply saying that what had felt like a very smooth and consistent training program leading up to Ironman Arizona has now hit a bit of a speed bump.

Today will be the first day that things get slightly back to normal. After my youngest daughters dance class, I have my oldest daughters soccer game, and then I will be able to get my five hour bike ride in (followed by a 45 minute run).

What I don't want to get lost in what I have written above is that I feel horrible for what my wife is having to deal with. I will do everything to help out until she is a bit more mobile. I how she has a speedy recovery and starts to feels a bit better, with the pain her ankle subsiding soon.

That is about it for now. No weekly recap, just a little "woe is me" session. Peace out!

3 comments:

TrevorD said...

Great perspective - family first in times like this. Curiously, I find that even though you may be bummed in the short-term, your body and mental state bounce back incredibly fast. Plus, nothing beats a little extra recovery time to heal whatever ails you.

Barry said...

I found your blog looking for info on Loux covered bridge...

Do you know Christine Eadeh? She lives in Lansdale and is doing IMAZ...

miles99999 said...

Barry, I don't know Christine Eadeh. Sorry.