Friday, July 15, 2011

Early Friday

Quick update....I wasn't able to get in my planned swim last night, but I did head to the pool with my family when I got home from work.  I had the privilege of playing with my two daughters in the pool and having them show me everything that they are learning in their daily swim lessons.  My youngest who we had to bribe just to go under water last summer is now a full on fish, swimming underwater with a vengeance.  My oldest already knows more strokes than I do (she is learning butterfly now....I can not do butterfly) and is learning a flip turn.  I too am trying to learn how to do a flip turn...I am sure she will learn how quicker than I can.  It is really awesome to see my girls learning how to swim at such a young age.  I am hoping that next year my 8 yr old (and maybe 6 yr old) will join the swim team, something I wish I had done as a youngster.

The rest of night, at least after eating dinner, was spent kicking the soccer ball around our back yard.  It is something that my Dad and I used to do when I was young and it really helped me to become a good player.  I hope that I can help my girls out the same way that he helped me.  I was trying to show my oldest some skill moves which she started to pick up pretty quickly.  It is so cool to be able to do things with my kids that my parents used to do with me.

So, I didn't get my planned ride in last night, there was just too much to do after the girls fell asleep (at 10PM....my wife and I are bad parents).  I had to do laundry and then pack for the beach weekend.  I wasn't going to be getting on my bike to ride at 10:30/11:00PM, that's just too late.  Instead I got up at 5:10AM this morning and put in 45 minutes on the trainer before anyone was awake in my house (even my dog).  I do kind of miss getting my training done before most everyone I know is awake.  It was great to have a solid ride under my belt and be out of the house on my way to work by 6:40AM.

Tonight I am hoping, after arriving at my 'rents place down in Lavallette, to get in the ocean and swim a bit.  I haven't done an open water swim since November and I have my first triathlon coming up in a week.  I think it is a good idea for me to get at least one open water swim in, right? 

That's it for now.  Have a great weekend everyone!  I am going to try and take some picture during my rides/runs this weekend and post here.  I haven't been so good with pictures lately.  Cheer!

No comments: