Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to Work & Back to Training

My weeks vacation spend with my little girls is over and I am back at work. It was a great week that could have only been made better if my wife had been off as well. Unfortunately she couldn't take off and I played Mr. Mom for the week, taking the girls on errands with me, then to the pool for three or four hours at a clip, and then getting them home and showered before starting dinner. Dang, I was a busy guy this past week.

As sad as I am to have the my weeks vacation end, I am excited to get back to work and back to training. I did step back into it a bit this past weekend by getting out for a decent run (6.5 miles on Saturday) and a brief but tough ride (17 miles on Sunday). Not included in these numbers are the countless times I launched myself off of the 1-meter diving board at the pool over the weekend, crashing into the pool and then swimming to the ladder only to climb out and head back over the board to do it all over again. This probably tired me out more than my run and bike sessions.



So here is what my week is looking like:
Monday: 3 - 4 mile run at lunch (easy); 1,000 - 1,500 yard swim after work
Tuesday: 30 mile bike home from work; swim???
Wednesday: 30 mile bike to work (5:30am); 4 - 5 mile run at lunch
Thursday: 4 mile run at lunch; 1,750 yard swim after work
Friday: Not sure yet, but I hope to get a run and/or a swim in.
Saturday: 7 - 8 mile run
Sunday: 25 - 30 mile bike



Well, there you have it....I am getting back into the training this week. Not the same that I was doing this time last year when I was tapering for my half-iron distance triathlon, but solid training none-the-less. I will probably post pictures from the Steelman Triathlon later today or tomorrow.

No comments: