Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Love My Bike!

Today is a good day. For one, the temperature outside is perfect, 75F and the humidity is minimal. Second, it didn't rain as many meteorologists were claiming that it would. Third, I was able to get out at lunch and ride my bike. Over the past week I haven't really had a chance to get out and ride it all that much. I did manage two 30+ mile days last Wednesday and Thursday, but other than that I don't think I have really ridden it all aside for a 10.5 mile ride last night (was supposed to be a 20+ miles).




I wasn't able to get in the 25 miles that I wanted to do, but I did get in a solid 20 mile ride today. At around 11:50am I ran down to our locker room here at work, changed in to my bike gear, grabbed my bike out of the car and off I went at 12:03pm. I decided that I would cruise out to Peapack (NJ) via Lamington Rd. and then turn around once I hit the 10 mile mark. The weather was perfect and the roads were smooth. It was around three miles in that I realized how much I really love my bike. She is just so much fun to ride. I will spare everyone the details of the ride, but will say that the road was ideal, no torturous climbs, no screaming descents, just rolling hills and smooth riding. My Garmin says that I averaged 19.8 MPH over 20.1 miles. I really wanted to get my average for the ride over 20 MPH, but there was a little climb that slowed my average about three miles from my office.



As for tonight, I was hoping to get in a 1,500 yard swim but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. My wife has some family in from out of town and they are going to be heading out for dinner and then to see the new Harry Potter movie at an IMAX theater in NJ. That leaves me with virtually no time to get over to the pool to get in a workout. That means that I am going to head over to the pool early tomorrow morning if possible and get it done then.

My lone "A" race is this Sunday so I am in a mini-taper now anyway so that fact that I am putting the swim off for a day isn't going to be too traumatic. That is it for now, time to wrap up my work for the week....yes, I am taking a vacation day tomorrow (it is my birthday!!!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice on the race on Sunday! I'm in the second wave, so I'll probably be seeing you get ready to go in, I'll give you a wave! I'm #120.

From the looks of your bike, I love it too! Good that you got out in the nice weather yesterday, it was perfect!