Monday, August 10, 2009

The Day After the Disappointment

It is Monday morning and I am at work. I am still exhausted from the Steelman Triathlon I competed in yesterday. I don't know what my final times were. I do know that it was a disappointing race for me. I will save most of the details for the race report, but I will say the following:
  • Swim - it took forever, everyone around me said that they thought it was longer than the advertised 1,500 meters.
  • T1 - not as fast as I would have liked, but not horrible
  • Bike - I was exhausted from the swim and just never felt good
  • T2 - ugh, very slow
  • Run - really closer to a shuffle than a run. I was wiped out from the bike

Quick notes:
Positives: I finished the race in horrible conditions (it rained the whole time!); I out-sprinted an fellow AG competitor at the finish line; I rode as hard as I could on the bike; I survived the run; I am anxious to get out and race again!

Negatives: I was woefully undertrained for the swim, which hurt my bike and run; my transitions were slow; I should have been faster on the run, I need to do more BRICK workouts.

I will complete the race report once I get my final times....I screwed up my bike, T2 and run times when I hit the wrong button on my Garmin. Dumb ass!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for seeking me out yesterday, I thought your bib # was 44 but I forgot to check on Sunday morning and wasn't too positive so I didn't want to freak people out by waving and saying hello. Anyway, you looked good on the run, better than me. Sorry you weren't too happy from the results, I thought the swim was a little long also, but really have no position to form an opinion since I'm not well versed in open water or longer distances.

The bike was treacherous for me, but thanks for the heads up on the steep climb in the beginning. I still suffered anyway, but at least I knew it was coming!

Unknown said...

I actually went on the actual Lin-Mark site and got them there, here's the web address:
https://www.lin-mark.us/results_files/stoly09.txt

My friend and I are looking for another race to do in September (I'm doing one September 27th in Hightstown, NJ), but the Skylands one looks pretty good too. These races are totally addicting.