Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Day Off & Pics

I set my alarm for 5:45AM this morning, thinking that I would get 30 - 45 minutes in on the bike before getting the girls on the bus/to day-care and heading to work. Well, my alarm went off, I took a deep breathe and then made the decision to try to bank some much needed sleep. I have been going pretty hard this week and not getting more than 5 - 6 hours of sleep per night. With an eight mile race looming on Sunday, I thought it was best to get a solid eight hours of sleep and then get two decent days of swimming/running in before my race.

On a totally separate note, I received an email sent to all of the members of my running club yesterday announcing that pictures from most of this winters races had been uploaded to Flicker. I checked them out and the ones of me aren't all that bad. Here is what I have:

December 13, 2009 - Covered Bridge 5K

I am in the black shirt and yellow visor....and yes, I did beat the guy in front of me, who has his arms flailing and a look of absolute fear as he sees the dreaded hill before him that he must climb to get back to civilization.


January 1, 2010 - Cham-Pain 5K (20:54)
These are all pictures from the start of the race, finishing photos haven't been uploaded yet. I am in the black shirt, white shorts and yellow visor.


January 10, 2010 - Meet & Greet 5.2 Miles (more like 4.95 miles) (35:52)

A picture of me getting ready to fly down the hill to the Covered Bridge (grey jacket and red shorts).


Me coming back up the f'ing hill and determined to beat the two guys to my left. I am pretty sure that they passed me on one of the last downhills, but I out kicked them to the finish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes you just really need your sleep, way to listen to your body. Great pictures! Love the Steelman shirt! Good luck in your race on Sunday.