Thursday, January 21, 2010

Overslept

Ugh! I was so pissed this morning when I looked at my watch and it read 5:38AM. I had overslept by about 40 minutes and thus lost my window to go swimming. Damn, damn, damn!!! I know why I slept late, I didn't actually fall asleep until around 10:30PM last night. Why was I up so "late" (funny that 10:30PM is now considered late to me)? I didn't get on my bike until close to 9:00PM, rode for 30 minutes (busted my ass for those 30 minutes though), got a shower, at some pretzels (I was really hungry), and then laid in bed watching "ManTracker" (such a fun show to watch). I knew that I had to get up at 5:00AM, but I just couldn't fall asleep.

So that leaves me here, sitting at my desk at work, trying to figure out a way to get to the pool at some point. I am coming up empty though. I only have so much time during lunch to get a work out in and if I go to the pool I am looking at a total of 30 minutes of travel time, leaving me only about 20 minutes of active swim time when you figure in changing in and out of clothes and the necessary shower. There is no way I can do it after work because I have to pick up my little ones around 4:30PM. So it looks like a swim is not in the cards for today, nor will it be happening tomorrow (for multiple reasons). I am really bummed about this....who would have thought it was possible for me to be sad over the fact that I would be missing a swim work out. God knows five years ago I would have never felt this way.

So what is on tap for the rest of the day? I am going to be busting my ass today at work trying to complete a bunch of unfinished projects. Then at lunch I am going to head out for a 5 - 6 mile run (at least I hope it is that far). Since I have been in the office since 6:45AM, I will probably leave around 3:30PM to pick up my daughters which is a good thing. Then it is all Daddy and Daughters for the rest of the night!!! (Mommy is going out with friends tonight). I have to think of something fun to do.

Time to get crackin'! Later.

UPDATE: Only managed a four mile run at lunch. I ran with Bill and I didn't even throw out the option of a longer run because he had a meeting at 1:00PM. It was just as well because my left hamstring is still not feeling 100%. We did manage to do a challenging route, up the relatively steep Lance Rd. and then looped back for a solid run. We did it in 32 minutes flat which equals an 8 min/mile pace which I am very much OK with, although it probably should have been slower based on how my left leg is feeling.

No comments: