Friday, January 29, 2010

No Burger but a Swim

Quick post this afternoon....I am on my lunch break.  I opted to not run at lunch today, actually to not run at all today.  I have run every day this week, with the exception of Wednesday when I did 50 minutes on the bike trainer.  I am starting to get a bit of a twinge in my left hip and I am taking that as a sign that I should rest for a day. 

Funny thing with me and rest days though, unless I full commit to a day of no running, I can be easily talked into tagging along with a group at work.  Last night, knowing that I needed to rest my legs today, when packing my bag I intentionally did not put in a long sleeve shirt, jacket, hat, gloves, etc.  I knew that if I did I would end up out there today with the boys.  Well, sure enough my work running buddies were going to head out and I know if I brought the right gear I would have been out there.  I did attempt to change their plans by offering hamburgers at Chelsea's, but they were steadfast in their desire to go for a run.  Oh well, PB&J again. 

Of course that doesn't mean that I took the day off completely....no, I still have some work to do in the pool, so I did get in the water and did a "quick" 1,000M (21:28) this morning before work.  I got up abot twenty minutes late, so I didn't have time to swim for longet than that....I was hoping to get in 1,500 or 1,600M.  I was still happy to get in.  After a 400M warm up, I did a straigh 600 yd swim (the longest straight swim since September).  I definitely go fatigued, but I had to do it to find out where I am with my swim fitness.

That is it for now.  I am starting to get excited for my 15K race at Tyler this weekend.  Maybe excited isn't the right word.....anxious is more appropriate.  I am going to try and get under 1:06 if possible, although it is going to be tough with the hills.  Ciao!

No comments: