Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oversleeping and the "Jersey Shore"

"Damn it!" Those were the first two words out of my mouth this morning upon realizing that it was 5:50AM and I had overslept, missing my chance to get in the pool today. Although it wasn't entirely my fault, I was and still am mad at myself for not getting up at 5:00AM (I don't even recall my alarm going off) and heading to the gym. When I say it isn't entirely my fault I am referring to the 3:55AM wake up "call" provided to me by my oldest daughter. She wanted to climb into our bed, which I wasn't going to allow since she has a perfectly good bed in her room. Then I realized that my youngest daughter had somehow managed to climb into bed next to my wife and thus created a bit of a situation. so instead of trying to get both girls into their own beds at 4:00AM, I opted to just sleep in my oldest daughters room.

So, it looks like I am not going to be able to get a swim in today. I am planning on getting on the trainer tonight and putting in about 40 - 45 minutes on the bike, hopefully along with my wife as she spends some time on the treadmill.

On a separate note, I did get an easy run in yesterday afternoon with my friend Bill (from work). I was pretty sure from Sunday's race and pretty tired from getting up at 5:00AM and swimming that morning, but I thought it would be a good idea to do an easy run and just loosen up my legs a bit. We ended up doing 4.3 miles at 8:15/mile pace, all the while talking about MTVs "Jersey Shore". It was a solid run and the conversation was the best.

As for "Jersey Shore"....how can you not love "The Situation", Pauly D and Snooki? I've spent my summers in Lavallette, NJ since I was a mere infant, and once I turned 21, I can honestly say that I have hung out at many of the Seaside Heights establishments that the cast of "Jersey Shore" like to go to. Trust me, it is like it is on the show. If you ever want to see a different culture or way of life, hang out in Seaside Heights for a few hours, you will be amazed!

Ciao everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seaside Heights brings back baaaaad memories. I do not like that beach! I'm all for LBI, all the way. I have yet to see an episode of Jersey Shore and don't think I ever will!