Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hangin' at the Airport

Today has been an extremely unproductive day.  It was a day that started out with loads of promise, a day which could have been great, a day that would give me everything (a bit of an exageration).  I woke up this morning knowing that I would be saying "Goodbye" to my family for a few days, I was heading out to Chicago today.  The plan was as follows:
  • Let my wife get to work early today
  • Get my oldest on the school bus
  • Drop my youngest off at school
  • Get in a swim at the pool
  • Get to the airport for my 1:25PM flight to Chicago
  • Arrive in Chicago around 2:40PM with time to go to Niketown and a few other stores
  • Go for a run along Lake Michigan
  • Grab dinner at ESPN Zone
  • Get to be reasonably early (to be fresh for my Wednesday morning run and meetings)
Here is how things have gone
  • My wife left a bit later than she wanted, not a big deal
  • Got my oldest on the bus, kissed her and told her I would miss her
  • Dropped my youngest off at school, kissed her told her I would miss her
  • Go in a swim at the pool (2,000M in 40:03....yeah, a good swim!)
  • Got to the airport for my 1:25PM flight
  • Received news that the plane was being taken out of service, ergo flight is cancelled
  • Got put on a flight that leaves at 5:55PM and into Chicago at 7:21PM
  • Will probably get to hotel around 8:15PM or so, then I'll try to get out for a run and then just go to bed.  Of course this means that I will miss LOST tonight as well....DAMN!!!
Enough complaining for now, I just have to make the best of it.  I will try to grab an early dinner here at the airport and be ready to run out the door as soon as I get to the hotel in Chi-town. 

On a side note, I did get on the bike last night, rode for about 45 minutes on my trainer in the basement.  I had my 12-21 cassette on it and boy was it a tougher ride than I am used to, no gaps.

That's it for now, I'm hoping to get my seat assignment soon and then eat as healthy an airport meal as is possible.  Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a good flight! I hope you can still hit up Niketown while you're there too!