Friday, April 2, 2010

Home with My Big Little Girl

Today is Good Friday...actually it is a good Friday as well.  I am working from home because my oldest daughter doesn't have school today.  Also, the fact that my office is closing at 2:00PM didn't give me a lot of reasons to head in.  I have been pounding on my keyboard, getting some work done, but thought I would take a few minutes to write in here.

Yesterday was a good day on the training front, I managed to get in 2,500 meters in the pool, 600M warm up, then 2 x 750M, capped off with a 400M cool down.  I think the whole swim took me a little over 53 minutes.  I think the last time I swam that far was a year and a half ago when I was training for my half Iron distance tri.  Wahoo, good for me.

Then came the dreaded Thursday afternoon speed workout.  I have a love/hate relationship with Thursday speed workouts.  On paper they don't look that bad, but when I actually start doing them....holy crap they suck!  Yesterday was 4 miles at half marathon pace, then and 800M recovery, followed by 800M at 5K pace, then a 400M recovery, toppped off with two miles at half marathon pace.  Because of time constraints and my desire to run part of it with Chris and Bill, I did the first two miles somewhat easy (7:45/mile).  Then they peeled off and headed back, leaving me alone to finish up the run.  I did my best to keep a steady pace but my Garmin was a little funky (I may have to reset it today and get it back to normal), I think I did manage to get somewhat close to my HM pace (7:20/mile).  Overall I was happy with my workout, and the fact that I was soaking wet and felt like vomitting is probably a good sign, eh?

When I got home from work my wife wanted to go out to dinner (she had a rough day), so we went into Doylestown and ate at Cafe Alessio, a nice little Italian restaurant.  I had a pepperoni roll which was really good, but I managed to not shove the whole thing down my gullett, opting instead to not eat too much, which I have a tendency to do.  We walked around town a bit, the girls grabbing ice cream (I passed) and my wife and I just laughing at the two of them.  Then it was time to head home and put the little ones to bed.

The gets me to today, I am home with my seven year old and we are just chilling.  Actually she is watching a little TV before we have to head out to go to the butcher shop to pick up some ribs for tomorrow.  Then at 2:30PM she has a play date with her friend...they are going to be here and it is going to be crazy.  The two of them together is like trying to bottle complete and utter chaos.  I would love to get out for a bike ride today but I don't think it is going to happen, too much going on.

Tomorrow I am going to head out and do a 12 - 13 mile run in the morning, it should be awesome out judging by the forecast.  Then on Sunday (Easter), I am going to have to get up early and get on my bike for an hour and a half before the kiddies wake up. 

Have a good Friday everyone, get out and enjoy the beautiful weather!  Later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YES! We've definitely tripped over the same thing, stupid crap on the side of the road. I thought the same thing about the swim yardage, but then I saw on some other blogs that it was 1,650 yds and I was confused. I guess I'll just go for 1,750 since I don't know how far the extra 10 yds is in a pool.

It's pretty cloudy here this morning, hope you got in a good run! I may wait until the sun comes out to get my workout in. Love this weather too! Have a good Easter!