Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still with the Sore Back

Today is a bit of a rough day to judge.  I woke up with my back feeling a bit sore and not really "right".  I think it has to do with my short and slow run yesterday (4.3 miles in 36:00).  It probably would have been wise of me to not run, especially considering my recent bout with back spasms.  I did do my best to get to bed early last night...I actually think I was asleep by 9:45PM!  I wish I could say that I slept the whole night through, but I can not.  I had at least three dreams last night that I can recall pretty accurately.  One which involved me playing soccer must have been pretty intense because my wife woke me up with a "COME ON!"....apparently I was kicking my legs like crazy.  I must have been really tired to have been dreaming so vividly.

So this morning, despite my desires to stay in bed and log another two hours of sleep, I hopped up out of bed at 4:50AM and made my way to the pool to get in some much needed laps.  I felt pretty good and swam 2,000M (500M wu, 2 x 200M, 300 w/pb & hypoxith breathing, and the last 200M easy) in about 42 minutes.  At no time throughout my swim did my back feel really good though, still a bit too tight.

I am thinking that with my half marathon coming up on Friday that I am going to take it easy the rest of today and not run or bike.  I will see how I feel tomorrow morning and determine if I am going to get on the bike in the early morning or late evening, and possibly get in a lunchtime run.  I am going to err on the side of caution this week since I don't want to suffer through 13.1 miles on Sunday.  Oh yeah, I also want to be at my Fred Astaire-best for my Friday night Father/Daughter dance with my oldest daughter.

Short one today, I hope I feel better tomorrow so that I can get back to training.  Adios!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely smart to take it easy. Gotta get that PR on Sunday!