Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dark Clouds....then Sunshine

Today was a tough day for me, but not because of training.  It was tough because of my job and my boss.  Every morning when I wake up, I don't think about the lonely hours I will spend staring at the black line at the bottom of the pool or the endless spinning of the wheels of my bike or the cold dark miles that may pass when running.  No, when I wake up I think only about how much I dread going to work.  I get nauseous when I think about the weekly project status meetings I have with my manager.  I have never been in a situation like the one I am currently in.  I truly hate my job.  Today was a confirmation of that I need to move one...and quickly.  The dark clouds were upon me.

I don't want to sound to insane here, I know of too many people that over the past year or so have lost their jobs.  I am luck to have one, lucky to be able to help support my family.  The problem is that I have a manager that is trying her hardest to ensure I do not have a job in the near future. 

On my drive home I was full of emotion, so much anger, sadness and confusion.  The only thing that could take my mind off of my situation was the fact that I was on my way to pick up my two little girls and no matter what I am their "Daddy" and they love me.  When I picked up my oldest, I asked her to hurry up so we could get her sister.  She was dragging her heels.  I asked her to please hurry up, I didn't have a good day and I just wanted to get home.  She asked me why it was a bad day, I simply said, "It just wasn't good."  She had a sad look on her face, so I stopped and knelt down in front of her and asked if she was OK.  She said that she was sad because I had a bad day and she wanted to try and help me.  She didn't know it but she already had.  She is a special little girl.  The clouds began to part a little bit.

When we got home I had to make them a quick dinner because "The Diva" had a Brownie meeting.  While they were eating I got a phone call, it was a good call...a really good call.  It appears that things might be taking a turn for the better.  The sunshine had finally broken through the clouds.  Hopefully I can share more in the upcoming weeks.

Training update:
Tuesday:  A very solid 3,600m swim, I felt pretty good.  My stroke is coming around.  I also had a pretty good 50 minute run that included some speed work.  Unfortunately it was at 9:00PM at night and I was beat from my long day.

Wednesday:  I was up at 5:15AM and in the basement putting in an hour on the trainer and followed that up with a 20 minute run.  A good workout, still a little tired from the run the night before.

Today:  One of my best swims sessions over the past few weeks.  3,400m and I got stronger with each set.  Finally, I felt good and smooth in the water.  Yeah!!!  Tonight I put in and hour and 25 minutes on the trainer in my basement while my little one watched High School Musical 3.  I spent most of the ride just watching her watch the movie....she is so cute and such a good kid.

That is it for now.  It is 10:00PM and I have to get up at 4:20AM to get my swim workout in.  Oh yeah!  Peace out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things will soon be turning around for you. Hating your job is just awful, my step Dad went through it for a few years before he got out. Family and training is always a great way to feel better. Training for me is almost like therapy sometimes! Feel better, and keep kicking butt!