Saturday, October 9, 2010

No Time

The past week has been absolutely hectic for me, from a work standpoint, training and family.  I haven't had time to do anything on this blog.  In fact, all I can write today is a brief summary of the past week before I have to head out to "The Diva's" soccer game.  So here I go:

Last Saturday
Early run - 16+ miles in 2.25 hours.  It was in the 8:25/mile range, a good run.  Did an hour and a half on the trainer around 5PM, sandwiched between dropping off and picking up my youngest daughter from a birthday party.

Last Sunday
Up at 4:45AM and on my bike on the trainer in the basement at 5:20AM.  I did an 1.5 hours on the trainer and then 3.5 hours out on the roads once the sun came up.  It was a rough day, cold and lots of hills.  I was supposed to do an hour run after, but had to cut it to 10 minutes because of family stuff.

Monday
REST DAY!!!

Tuesday
3,500m swim in the AM, 32 minute run at lunch.  Work is killing me, I can't do the longer runs at lunch anymore, things are going to get complicated.

Wednesday
BRICK - 45 minute bike, 30 minute run.  I was tired but picked up the pace towards the end.

Thursday
Did a quick 1,500m swim in the AM, I felt good.  Later that night it was an hour on the trainer.

Friday
No swim, wahoo!  I took the day off and only managed to get  a run in.  I am so stressed from work, I am getting my self sick.  I always have a stitch in my side when I run, I just don't feel right.

Today/Sunday
Quick run and ride today, just to keep everything loose.  I have the Hunterdon Half Iron distance triathlon tomorrow at Round Valley Reservoir.  I just want to take it easy today and do well tomorrow.  It is a tough bike course and the run is no picnic either.  I hope to do it in under 5.5 hours.  We'll have to wait and see.

As for the rest of my life, I am miserable at work, my wife's ankle is getting better, and my daughters always bring a smile to my face when I see them.  My number 1 and 1a goals right now are to keep focused on training and try to find a new job. 

Ciao everyone!

No comments: