Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tired Tuesday - Two Days After Hunterdon

Super short post today...my girls are upstairs reading a book with Mommy and I have to get some work done.  I thought I would just do a quick post, kind of a pre-race report to the Hunterdon Half that I did on Sunday.  Below are my times from the race, Here is a quick recap of the different stages: 

Swim - I am happy with my swim time, not happy with the full leg cramps I had as I exited the water.  I staggered and stretched my way to T1.
T1 - I think my stagger and stretch is included here because I have never had so slow a transition.  Tough getting the wetsuit off in the 45F air.
Bike - Legs were still sore from cramping, I paid for it over the entire 56 miles of hilly riding.  Very tough course.  Fast average speed for the race was 20.5 MPH
T2 - I was in and out as quickly as I could.
Run - I started out strong, but then I could feel the pain.  Though I would run closer to 8:00/mile pace....the 1:30 pee stop I took didn't help my time.
Final Result - One of the toughest Half Iron distance triathlons there is.  I would have done better if not for the cramping out of the swim, but it is what it is.  No one was really fast out there.  A good training race for me!

Hunterdon Half Summary
Swim:  34:09 (23rd out of 59) - 1:37/100 yds or 1:45/100 meters
T1: 5:32
Bike:  3:02:28 (19 out of 59) - 18.4 MPH
T2: 1:22
Run:  1:51:02 (18th out of 59) - 8:29/mile
Total:  5:34:34 - 16th Overall

A more thorough and in depth race report will be coming shortly.  Have a stellar day everyone!  Ciao!

No comments: