Friday, October 1, 2010

50 Days


Ironman Arizona is 50 days away as of today.  It still seems pretty far out, especially when you consider that the next five weeks of training are going to be the most difficult.  I believe that I will be doing between 18 - 20 hours of training each week before the taper begins.  So buckle up, the ride is going to get bumpy from here on out.

Thursday Night
My totally awesome and hot wife allowed me to do my evening ride right after I dropped "The Diva" off at her Brownie meeting.  So at 6:20PM I was in the basement pedaling away and going nowhere.  I must say that I totally kicked as for the training session.  I hit all of my HR goals and was a tired and sweaty mess when it was all said and done.

Today
Blah, blah, blah, early morning swim.  I had to cut it short because I got to the pool a little late this morning.  Still managed 3,000m and it was all speed work so I was friggin tired when it was all over.  It felt good to try and swim fast for a change.

3,000 - 500m wu, 8 x 50m drills, 12 x 75m @20sec, 12 x 50m @15 sec, 12 x 25m @10sec, 300m cd (skipped the 400m of drills at the end)

At lunch I was only able to get out for an hour run (not the hour and 30 minutes on my plan), but I made it count.  I did the first 40 minutes at 8:00/mile pace, then 10 minutes at 6:50/mile pace, and finished the last 10 at 7:50/mile pace.  Total run stats:  7.6 miles, 59:20, 7:48/mile pace.

That is it for now.  Happy training this weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Sladed said...

Toughest workouts now, then taper. Can't wait for that taper! My swim taper will be quite short as I've been sidelined for 5+ weeks trying to heal the shoulder. Found out it's a 75% tear in one of the rotator cuff tendons but given the go-ahead to slog thru IMAZ. It'll cost me some time but it's great news when I was thinking I wouldn't make the start line!
Keep it going! ! !