Friday, July 3, 2009

First Post....EVER!!!

There is only one "first" of anything. One first kiss, one first love, one first car....you get the idea. Well, this is my very first post as a "blogger". I have read so many blogs over the past year, mostly of aspiring triathletes, accomplished triathletes, and professional triathletes. I have finally decided that it is time to start publishing my life, whether it be hourly, daily, weekly or monthly. Honestly, I don't know if this is something that I will be sticking with or not....I hope that I do.

My goal in starting this blog is to tell the story of me, a 37 year old married man with two beautiful and awesome little girls, as I begin my project compete in an Ironman triathlon, specifically Ironman Arizona 2010. My plan is to not only talk about my training (how far I swam, how difficult my ride was or what a great run I had), but also the ups and downs that come with balancing training, family and work (no I am not independently wealthy or living off of a trust fund). Trust me, there will be ups and downs based on my past experiences with marathon training.

I expect that my experiences will be similar to those of many men and women my age who are looking for something beyond they normal lives. I am not bored with my life, in fact I am very happy with my life. I have an awesome wife who I love immensely, two daughters who I adore and would do anything for, and a dog who is as loyal as they come. No, I just want a new challenge, something that will fulfill my competitive spirit, something that will make me a stronger person both physically and emotionally.

With that said, I officially launch this puppy and hopefully someone, anyone, will read this and possibly get some insight and provide me with some insight into the world of triathlon training and competing. I will try to fill in some gaps about my life as I write each post, i.e. athletic experience, life experience and hopes and dreams.

Training - 7/3/2009:
Swim: 1,250 yds - 23:20 - FYI, in the words of Martin Short, "I am not that strong a swimmer"
  • 300 yd. Warm-up
  • 10 x 50 swim
  • 200 pull
  • 250 Cool down
Today was a bit of a recovery day as I have biked or run every day this week (and swam). My knees were feeling it a bit and I thought it would be wise to take it easy today. Tomorrow I am going to try and head out for a 7 - 8 mile run in the evening and maybe get in 2,000 yards in the pool in the afternoon. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to fit it all into my schedule.

Well, that will do it for now. I haven't gotten much sleep the past few nights so I am looking to crash pretty soon if possible. Ciao!

No comments: